UPDATES CONCERNING THE WORK IN PIGNON HAITI
TRIP JUNE 21-28 (Russell Driver and Jaffet Perez were able to travel) (COVID RESTICTIONS LIFTED JUST IN TIME FOR OUR TRIP)
Met with contractor and construction begins: (see photos above)
- The contractor began the initial work of setting up two containers.
- Plans have been in the making for some time; the Lord has been working, even during Covid, while we were not able to travel. He provided the land; brought individuals, with a desire to follow the scriptures, and with a heart for the work
- God provided two (2) 40 ft shipping containers for storage (a 40×40 open area in-between); with a roof to provide an area for different activities: which can include youth, shop, work area, and activity center; as well as, the beginning of church activities, while the main building structure is built. Also provides, an open area workshop, and security area for vehicles.
- The funds have been provided for the concrete piers and containers.
MEETING WITH 5 LEADERS OF NEW GROUP OF CONTACTS
- OBED MICHEL traveled 5 ½ hours, with five, of eight preachers that he has been mentoring, to meet with us in Pignon. They returned to their home- another 5 ½ hour trip.
- We discussed plans for future work in their area, and provided study material in the Haitian Creole language for the leaders
- These are visible fruits of the work we have been doing since 2012 to train and equip young men for the future of the work.
- These men returned to their area of labor near the Dominican Republic border, and began to use the materials provided to train their leaders
OUR TWO MAIN LEADERS (EVANGELISTS)
OBED MICHEL: Seven (7) years working studying and helping in the work we are doing
- Speaks four languages: Creole, French, Spanish, and English
- Works with us in conferences, teaching, and preaching; helps as an interpreter/translator
- Skilled in computer and technology / helps to design and produce materials in Creole
- Has been traveling to different areas, conducting Conferences, and establishing contacts with leaders that are seeking guidance concerning the New Testament church
- One year at Bible College in Port de Paix; graduated from university near Pignon
- Speaks the same 4 languages thus, helps as an interpreter / translator, and Conference Assistant
- Helps with teaching the needy children. He is working towards the beginning of services for the church once we have facilities in the new property.
- More in next Update.
- Your Title Goes Here 50% 50%
Our Property in Haiti: 1 & 2/3 Acres
Two containers on concrete piers
The two-container structure, as it will appear once it is finished